Art District Best -2010
The Denver Art Community Party - and Show - of the YEAR!
STAY TUNED FOR DETAILS ON THIS YEAR'S EVENT: ART DISTRICT BEST OF 2010!
Thanks to everyone who came to the Art District Best of 2009 Awards Gala on Dec. 18! It was a fabulous night. And the winners are....
- Best Solo Show by Colorado Artist: Mark Penner-Howell, "Too Big to Fail" at CORE New Art Space
- Best Solo Show by National Artist: Blake Flynn, "Life in Oz" at Habitat
- Best Curated Show: The Common Box Project, curated by Alicia Bailey and John Common at Abecedarian Gallery
- Best Gallery: Abecedarian Gallery
- Best Studio Artist: Brianna Martray, Fresh Art Studios behind Core at 9th and Santa Fe
- Best Street Art: Handsome Little Devils
Exhibition jurors Gwen Chanzit (Denver Art Museum) and Michael Chavez (Foothills Art Center) also gave these awards:
- Best in Show 2-D Art: Marie Vlasic (Space Gallery)
- Best in Show 3-D Art: Dave Seiler (Abecedarian Gallery)
- Honorable Mentions: Anna Kaye (Sandra Phillips Gallery) and Mark Penner-Howell (CORE New Art Space)
Event co-host Dana Cain also selected and presented the Brandon Borchert Pop Art Award to Mark Penner Howell.
The Art District Best of 2009 Exhibition will be on display at the eventgallery 910Arts through January 10. More info is at www.910arts.com.
Dec. 18 - Jan. 10
910Arts, 910 Santa Fe Drive.
The Art District Best of 2009 Exhibition is designed to recognize individual art works shown throughout the year, in commercial galleries, studios and co-ops within the District. This is a juried show, separate from the public-nominated awards.
Gwen Chanzit: Curator, Denver Art Museum and Michael Chavez: Curator, Foothills Art Center
For more information, visit: www.910arts.com
Special thanks to Mark Penner-Howell for our logo design!